Kevin Pete Phillips
kpphillips (at) gmail.com
Bachelor of Science, Electrical Engineering
University of North Florida, Jacksonville Florida BSEE / 3.34 GPA December 2004
Engineering and Computer
- MSP430 mProcessors - SPW (signal processing workstation)
- TMS320LF2403 (Signal Processor) - Protel
- Visual 2.0 (Photometric Software) - IsoPro (PCB fabrication)
- Zigbee Wireless Technology - MS Word, PowerPoint, FrontPage
- Servo Motor Control - MATLAB
- C, Assembly - MS Front Page, HTML
- Assembly - AutoCad 2005
Completed projects using embedded systems utilizing assembly and C programming language
Assisted in the design of data logger expansion board for an electronic weather station
Completed 2.4 Ghz Zibee radio designed for Digital Communications Class
Electrical and Fire Alarm design of multi-level commercial buildings.
- Circuit Layout and Design: lighting, receptacles, data ports, and fire alarm equipment
- Switchgear Design: riser diagrams, 480/277 V 3 phase - 208/120 V 3 phase systems, low voltage systems
- Fault Current Analysis
- Panel Load Calculations
Responsible for obtaining photometric software (Visual 2.0) and providing clients with photometric calculations
for site lighting and interior photo metrics.
Extensive knowledge of National Electric Code (NEC).
Familiar with processing review submittals.
Experienced with the permitting process dealing with revisions for landlords, owners, and the building department.
CLICK ON LINKS BELOW TO REVIEW PDFs OF RECENTLY DESIGNED PROJECTS
Poolside lighting layout
Photometric retail design
Starbucks shell design - Starbucks tenant improvement design
Multi-retail shell service design
Multi-level residential condominium design
Publicized paper in ultra-wide band (UWB) communication technology.
Member of Eta Kappa Nu Engineering Honors Society
Recipient of Charles Bennett Scholarship
Kamm Consulting Jacksonville, Florida
Drafting Intern/Electrical Designer July 2004 – Current
Pittman Concrete and Sons Inc. Jacksonville, Florida
Assistant Project Manager November 2003 – June
Antique and Modern Cabinets Inc. Jacksonville, Florida
Carpenter August 2000 – August 2002